- Oversaw Multibillion Dollar Investment Portfolios
- Supervised Financial & Accounting Operations
- Directed Contracting & Procurement Functions
- Oversaw Custody & Banking Relationships
- Appointed by President Obama to $125B Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) Advisory Committee (2016)
- Appointed Chair of PBGC Advisory Committee by President Trump (2019)
- Finished term as PBGC Advisory Committee Chair under President Biden (2022)
- Winner of the Prestigious Charles Fahy Distinguished Adjunct Professor Award at Georgetown University Law Center.
- Adjunct Professor of Law for both Georgetown Law and Washington University in St. Louis, two of the Top 20 Law Schools in the US.
- Served for over 10 years as a Board Member of Everybody Wins DC.
- Raised over $150,000 in support of volunteer-led reading programs for disadvantaged DC-area middle schoolers.
- Certified Public Accountant, Illinois
- Law Degree with Distinction
- Advanced Law Degree (LL.M in Federal Taxation)
- Attorney Licensed in DC, Florida & Illinois (Inactive)
- FINRA Series 65, Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination (Inactive)
- Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance (Inactive)
Henry and his wife, Kathy, have been married for 40 years and live in the Leesburg area. They have four children and seven grandchildren, two of whom live in Loudoun County, with the other two residing in Clarke and Fairfax Counties. Kathy and Henry are members of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Herndon, VA.
After retiring as the Corporate Vice President of Human Resources and Shared Services at a Fortune 100 company, Henry was appointed by President Obama in 2016 as a member of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) Advisory Committee. In 2019, President Trump appointed him Chair of the Advisory Committee. Henry continued to serve as the Advisory Committee’s chair for President Biden until the expiration of his three-year appointment in 2022. During Henry’s time on the PBGC Advisory Committee, the Agency went from a worrisome deficit position to a healthy financial surplus.
Henry has dedicated his career to serving the public and has worked under three U.S. Presidents, collaborating with leaders from both sides of the political aisle. He is a principled leader with unwavering integrity, committed to serving the community with transparency and accountability. Henry has a strong track record of promoting financial education and empowerment and is passionate about empowering residents to make informed decisions about their personal finances.
With his extensive experience in financial management and information technology, Henry is committed to prioritizing efficient and effective fiscal management, excellence in customer service, and transparency and accountability if elected as Treasurer. He will work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders to ensure the best interests of Loudoun County are at the forefront, contributing to the long-term sustainability and well-being of the county. Henry’s commitment to innovative solutions and technical expertise will contribute to addressing challenges as they emerge within the Treasurer’s office, safeguarding personal data, and ensuring robust financial and administrative oversight.
“I want every Loudoun resident to know that I am committed to serving all Loudoun’s communities.”